|February 25th, 2012||to||March 1st, 2012|
The Northern Nevada International Center will be hosting a delegation of 9 visitors Judges, Supreme Court Advocates, President of the Gwadar Bar Association, and Judicial Advocates from Pakistan on February 25, 2012.
The delegation was invited to Reno as part of the International Visitors Leadership Program of the US Department of State. The Reno portion of their program will be focused upon:
• Familiarize participants with the principles of judicial independence, the federal court system, and the structure of state and municipal courts
• Underscore the judiciary’s role in preserving and strengthening democratic concepts such as government accountability and individual rights
• Develop understanding of current trends in the administration of courts in the U.S.
• Discuss court management, case management, advanced legal education, the criminal justice system, and law enforcement in the U.S.
• Examine alternative mediation processes aimed at reducing court caseloads and costs.
For more information, please contact Madeline Burak , Program Coordinator, via email CLICK ME