Are you interested in becoming a home host?
As a home host, a fancy estate isn’t required, just an extra bedroom, some meals for your guest and an open heart! Your guest will participate each day in scheduled classes, presentations and events. Additionally, NNIC will plan some weekend activities for the participants to learn about our culture and history in Nevada and the United States. The NNIC will provide a cultural briefing for the Home Host participants a week prior to the guest arrival that will include some background on the visitors and their region as well as some key words and phrases to facilitate communication between host and visitor. The program will also include social gatherings and receptions in which you and your visitor will be able to meet and socialize with other hosts and visitors. Be a home host — the experience will be priceless!
Home hosting requirements:
* Dates of hosting: June 21-July 2, 2013
* Transportation will be provided to and from program sites
* Some participants will only eat halal (meat from animals that have been prepared according to Islamic culture). NNIC will provide home hosts with some halal throughout the time participants will be hosted.
* Under Department of State requirements, a simple background check is required for all individuals 18 and older living in the household. Please see application for further information.
* Month of May and June: NNIC staff visit to homes of hosts. (Visits will be arranged with hosts)
* Home Host Orientation May 31, 5:30pm. (mandatory for hosts) Contact Corazon Padilla for Location
* June 21: First meet and greet with home hosts
* June 23: AYLP afternoon welcome barbeque with staff, host families and participants
* For more information regarding home hosting or the Algeria Youth Leadership Program, please contact: Corazon Padilla via email: CLICK ME
Home Host Application Form: Click Me