About the 2013 Algeria Youth Leadership Program
The Algeria Youth Leadership Program (AYLP) introduces 25 high school students (and 3 high school teachers) from Algeria and 8 high school students from Nevada to learn about the following:
* Community Activism
* Civic Education
* Media Literacy
* Algerian and American Culture
Are you an American student interested in becoming AYLP participant?
To apply please consult our downloadable/printable 2013 Northern Nevada High School Application
* March 29, 5:00pm: Application due
* May 4: Participants notified of acceptance
* June 1: First Orientation with parents and participants
* Participant Pre-Program Orientation: week of June 16-22. Exact dates TBA
* June 22-July 16: Program dates
o June 22-July 1: Reno Community Program
o Travel to Sierra Nevada Journeys (Portola, CA) & Lake Tahoe (Overnight Camp): July 2-8
o Travel to San Francisco and Washington DC Finale: July 8-16
* American Participant Follow-up meetings and one-day service project: 5 meetings for the 2013 fall semester for one day service project implementation. Times TBD
* Ideal applicants will be current sophomores and juniors; however, qualified freshmen will also be considered.
* Must have a proven record of interest in leadership activities
* Must be interested in meeting and getting along with youth leaders from varying cultural and religious backgrounds
* Willing to explore everything!
* For questions or inquiries, please contact us by email at the following address: CLICK ME